The holiday season is now upon us, and during this busy time of parties and celebrations, many people will use rideshare to travel to and from holiday events. The City of Mississauga is reminding everyone to follow safe ridesharing habits this holiday season as follows:
- Confirm the vehicle’s plate number as shown in the app
- Match the driver profile with the description provided in the app
- Ask your driver “what’s my name?” before getting into the vehicle
- Wait for your ride indoors
- Tell a friend where you’re going
- Ride in the back seat
- Map your own route during the ride
- Don’t share private information with the driver
Following safe rideshare habits will help ensure everyone has a safe and enjoyable holiday season this year. Residents are encouraged to report any rideshare concerns by calling 311. In an emergency, always call 911.
The City regulates rideshare companies operating in Mississauga through the Transportation Network Company Licensing By-law. For more information about this by-law, please visit www.mississauga.ca/portal/cityhall/bylaws.