- General Committee endorsed two of five industry-specific plans to guide the City’s economic recovery from COVID-19.
- The Small Business and Broader Industry plans outline priorities and actions to reboot and grow these industries.
- The Small Business and Broader Industry Economic Recovery Plans are being led by the City’s Economic Development Office (EDO).
- The plans identify 42 unique actions to help small business and broader industry through the economic recovery. Key initiatives include:
- Digital economy inclusion actions that support access to digital technology for small businesses and Mississauga residents
- Establishing an innovation hub program for early stage entrepreneurs, start-ups and scale-ups to encourage job growth, talent attraction, business investment and economic competitiveness in Mississauga
- Business recovery placemaking campaigns to restore consumer confidence and attract business investment to the City
- Kick-starting the development of the Lakeview Innovation District by prioritizing investments to maximize the potential of the site
- Programs focused on business investment retention, expansion and attraction opportunities emerging during the pandemic and beyond
For more information, visit Mississauga.ca/recovery.