↑ Return to Resources

Print this Page


The following are some of the most frequently asked questions and concerns that come to my attention from residents in our community. Please click on the links below for a list of frequently asked questions in each respective municipal issue area. For more detailed information, please visit www.mississauga.ca or call the appropriate City Department.

Permanent link to this article: http://www.georgecarlson.ca/links/faqs/

Animal Services Issues

Q. Does a dog have to be on a leash? A. Yes. All dogs must be on a leash. No dog shall be allowed to run at large or trespass on private property, even when on a leash. Any dog running at large may be taken to the City Animal Shelter by a Police Officer …

View page »

By-law Enforcement Issues

A) NOISE Q. My neighbour’s dog barks all the time. What can I do? A. Excessive noise caused by a barking dog is contrary to the City of Mississauga Noise By-law 360-79. Call 3-1-1 for more information. Q. My neighbours make a lot of noise with stereos, etc. Is there anything I can do? A. …

View page »

Other Issues

Q. Are residents required to clear snow from their sidewalks? A. The City does not have a by-law requiring residents to do so. However, most residents are good neighbours and do clear their sidewalks. Q. My street light is burnt out, where do I call to have it replaced? A. Call Enersource Hydro Mississauga Services …

View page »

Zoning Issues

Q. I want to widen my driveway. Can I do this or do I need a permit? A. The City of Mississauga Zoning By-laws contain provisions restricting the width of driveways. These zone provisions differ throughout the City. Before widening your driveway, you should contact the City’s Zoning Plans Examination Section at 905-615-3200 ext. 5511. …

View page »