↑ Return to FAQs

Print this Page

Other Issues

Q. Are residents required to clear snow from their sidewalks?

A. The City does not have a by-law requiring residents to do so. However, most residents are good neighbours and do clear their sidewalks.

Q. My street light is burnt out, where do I call to have it replaced?

A. Call Enersource Hydro Mississauga Services at 905-566-2718 to report that the street light is not working. You can also visit www.enersource.com and use the convenient link on that page to report a street light out. Who do I call if I notice a burnt out light in a Mississauga park? Please call Facilities and Property Management at 905-615-4999. They are responsible for the maintenance of park lights.

Q. Who do I call to get a City tree inspected/planted/removed?

A. The Forestry Unit is responsible for inspecting, maintaining, removing and planting City-owned trees. City trees are normally located on the boulevard, which is the piece of grass between the sidewalk and the road. If there is no sidewalk, a site inspection must be requested to determine tree ownership. Call 905-896-5000 for more information.

Q. How and where do I apply for a curb cut or a culvert extension?

A. You must complete the Access Modification Request Form available at www.mississauga.ca/portal/services/formsonline with all the required information. Submit the application form to Transportation and Works Customer Service Counter at 3185 Mavis Road, 1st floor, e-mail tw.counter@mississauga.ca, phone 905-615-4950, fax: 905-615-615-3172 (hours of operation 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday, holidays excluded).

Q. Does the City recognize special Wedding Anniversaries or Birthdays?

A. The City recognizes Mississauga residents celebrating 50th, 55th, 60th, 65th and 70th Wedding Anniversaries, or 90th, 95th, 100th, or 105th Birthdays. Please click here to request a recognition plaque. Six weeks notice is required, though requests should be made no earlier than four months before the milestone. For more information, please call 905-896-5000.

Q. Who can I call regarding property assessment? How is my assessment determined?

A. The City of Mississauga does not determine the value of your property. Contact the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) at 1-866-296-6722. The Assessment Act requires that the assessed value of your property be based on what the property would most likely sell for on a specific date. MPAC continually collects information about properties to ensure that those with similar features have similar, but not necessarily identical assessed values. For specific information such as ownership and lot size, legal descriptions, visit the City Clerk’s Office located at the Mississauga Civic Centre, 2nd Floor.

Permanent link to this article: http://www.georgecarlson.ca/links/faqs/other-issues/