The City of Mississauga’s first Budget Committee meeting for the upcoming year will be done virtually and will take place on Wednesday, June 24. The presentation is an early look at how the City plans to invest taxpayer dollars to deliver programs and services. Council will be updated on the 2020 financial position and possible revisions to 2020 spending.
Staff will present Budget Committee with an overview of the preliminary forecast for the 2021-2024 Business Plan and 2021 Budget and the impact of COVID on the 2021 budget.
Virtual Meeting: Wednesday, June 24, 2020 at 1:30 p.m. (following Council)
Budget Committee Comments and Questions – Have your say:
The public may submit comments and questions regarding Budget Committee agenda matters to the email@example.com by Tuesday, June 23, 2020 before 12 p.m. Comments and questions that pertain to the agenda items submitted will be included in the meeting considered as public information and entered into public record.
To provide general input on matters not related to the specific Budget Committee agendas:
- Watch Budget Committee meetings online and send in questions firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn and post about the Budget using the hashtag #SaugaBudget
- Follow the process through news updates from Mayor and Members of Council
Budget Committee meetings will continue in the fall with detailed discussions on current service levels, cost pressures, efficiencies and new initiatives. Following Committee discussions and public input Council will vote on the proposed budget.
The meetings will include:
- 2021-2024 Business Plan and overview of the 2021 Budget
- Presentations from service areas
- Input from residents and other stakeholders
Budget Committee meeting topics, dates and times
Note: Budget Committee meeting schedules are subject to change.
See the Council and Committee Calendar Listings for the latest information.
- Wednesday, June 24 at 1:30 p.m.
Fees and Charges
- Wednesday, October 7 at 1:30 p.m.
Service Area Presentations
- Monday, November 23 at 9:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, November 24 at 9:30 a.m.
- Monday, November 30 at 9:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, December 1 at 9:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, December 2 at 1:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 9, 2020 at 9:30 a.m.