Please be advised that Peel yard waste collection begins the week of Monday, March 9, 2020. Residents can check their collection calendar to find their pick-up day. You can also sign up to receive free weekly waste reminders at peelregion.ca/waste/reminders . Residents are reminded that the Region of Peel no longer accepts grass clippings at the curb or at Community Recycling Centres. Residents can grasscycle by leaving clippings on the lawn after mowing to break down naturally after a few days. Yard waste must be at the curb by 7 a.m. on a resident’s collection day. It must be placed in acceptable bins, containers and/or bags. Using current Region of Peel collection bins will not be accepted.
A bin/container used for yard waste collection must be:
- in good condition and clearly labelled “yard waste”;
- rigid and reusable with handles that are attached or molded to the exterior;
- smaller than 60 cm (24 in.) wide and 95 cm (38 in.) high; and,
- less than 20 kg (44 lbs.), when full.
A Kraft brown paper bag used for yard waste collection must:
- support a maximum weight of 20 kg (44 lbs.) when lifted, without tearing,
- securely close when full, and,
- be smaller than 66 cm (26 in.) wide and 90 cm (35 in.) high.
Residents can use their old waste container or blue/grey box to set out yard waste for collection. For more information about Peel yard waste collection, please visit peelregion.ca/waste/yard-waste.