The City of Mississauga will be enforcing the reduction in social gathering limits to 10 people indoors and 25 people outdoors as announced by the Government of Ontario, in effect as of today. The amended provincial orders under the Reopening Ontario (A Flexible Response to COVID-19) Act, 2020 include:
- wedding receptions held in private residences
- social gatherings in parks.
The new limits will not apply to events or gatherings held at facilities operated by businesses and organizations, such as:
- Convention centres or banquet halls
- Gyms, and recreational sporting or performing art venues.
Existing rules, including public health and workplace safety measures, for these businesses and facilities continue to be in effect.
The City of Mississauga is continuing to review the impacts on services and programs and will be sharing updates through City channels.
A new offence for hosting or organizing a gathering that exceeds social gathering limits will come with a minimum fine of $10,000 and anyone attending the event may be fined a minimum of $750.
City Enforcement Measures
- City By-law Enforcement and Security Officers will be enforcing the amended provincial orders under the Reopening Ontario (A Flexible Response to COVID-19) Act, 2020, in partnership with Peel Regional Police
- Residents can call 3-1-1 to report non-compliance
Visit COVID-19 for the latest updates on the City’s response and service impacts