March 27, 2020
In response to the impact COVID-19 is having on the community, please be advised that the Region of Peel is putting in place a number of initiatives to support taxpayers and local municipal decisions. Measures include:
- Deferring the water and wastewater rate increase scheduled for April 1, 2020 to July 1, 2020.
- Introducing a 91-day grace period for water bills due from April 1 – June 30. During this time, no late payment charges will be applied. The grace period will take effect immediately. Customers who are currently on a pre-authorized payment plan can contact the Region at 905-791-8711 or email ZZGPaymentsNew@peelregion.ca to change scheduled payments.
- Waiving fares for TransHelp passengers.
For those able to make their water bill payment, please note the following related to methods of payment:
- You can complete the pre-authorized debit form to automatically pay your water bill.
- By phone or online banking – most Canadian banks offer phone or online banking for water bill payments. When searching for the bill payee, include the terms ‘Peel water’ or ‘Region of Peel water’.
- In-person payments are temporarily suspended as front counter services are closed.
Please also be advised that at the March 25 Council meeting, Mississauga City Council provided for a deferral of the Stormwater Charge by up to 90 days. This deferral until later in the year is to help provide cash flow relief over the next few months. The charge will need to be paid before the end of the year. The Region of Peel bills this service on behalf of the City and will action the deferral through their billing system.
To learn about the latest updates on actions taken by the City of Mississauga visit mississauga.ca/coronavirus.
Peel Public Health is the lead agency for information to Mississauga residents on novel coronavirus (COVID-19). For the most up-to-date information on the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) visit Peel Public Health at peelregion.ca/coronavirus.
Please continue to follow updates on Twitter through @CityMississauga and through mississauga.ca.