As part of the City’s phased and controlled reopening plans, some limited City services are now available in-person, by appointment only:
- Marriage licenses – Book appointment online here. Service provided at Civic Centre (300 City Centre Dr.).
- Mobile licensing – Book appointment online here. Service provided at Mavis North Yard (3235 Mavis Rd.).
- Business licensing – Book appointment online here. Service provided at Civic Centre (300 City Centre Dr.).
In addition, the Council Chamber and Committee Rooms will reopen for meetings at the Civic Centre (300 City Centre Dr.) with reduced capacity. Health and safety protocols are in place to protect staff and the public at all City facilities. These protocols include:
- Active screening – Staff and visitors are screened with COVID-19 assessment questions before entering a City facility.
- Limited building access – Doors have been designated for entry and exit.
- Mandatory masks – Face coverings are required in all indoor public spaces.
- Physical distancing – Signage and floor markings indicate how to maintain two metres or six feet of space between others.
- Signage – Floor decals and signage provide direction, health and safety reminders and ensure physical distancing.
- Limited elevator capacity – Signage indicates safe and reduced capacity of elevators.
- Stairwells – Where possible, stairwells are designated for up or down traffic.
- Enhanced cleaning protocols – New protocols include increased cleaning and disinfecting of highly-touched surfaces and high traffic areas.
Other city services, including development applications and building permit applications, property tax payments and more continue to be accepted online. Additional program and service updates are as follows: Recreation
- Community centres, fitness centres, indoor pools and limited arenas are now open with modified programs/services.
- Starting September 14, C Banquets (on the 12th floor of Civic Centre) and the BraeBen Golf Course dining room will be available for bookings.
- All locations except Frank McKechnie (currently under renovation) will reopen on September 15 with limited service. Curbside service will continue to be offered at Frank McKechnie until the renovations are completed in mid-October.
- Visits are limited to one hour and services including computer access and limited study require an appointment.
- Bookings of some spaces are now open including the Living Arts Centre RBC Theatre, studio rentals, church and group bookings. In addition, the information desk, reception and box office will reopen.
Visit mississauga.ca/recovery or call 311 for more information.