If you would like to help animals in the care of Animal Services, consider supporting the Special Care for Animals and Resources Fund (SCARF). Supporting SCARF will help enrich and save the lives of shelter pets until they are healthy and strong enough to be placed for adoption in a loving permanent home.
All funds collected through SCARF are used to help the animals in the care of Mississauga Animal Services by:
- Providing extra veterinary care and specialized surgeries
- Purchasing shelter enrichment items and medications for the animals
- Supporting spay and neuter of adoption animals
- Providing funds to the animal foster care program for specialized diets and care
- Making non-budgeted shelter improvements to animal housing and equipment
- Promoting awareness through education and outreach programs.
Mississauga Animal Services also accepts the following new or gently used items at the shelter:
- Cat climbers and scratching posts
- Pet food bowls
- Blankets, towels
- Purina Pro Plan – Dog and Cat Food (Kibble and Canned)
- Leather or Nylon Leashes and Collars
- Dog and Cat Treats
- Kitty Litter – Clay-non clumping
- Toys that can be washed and sterilized
- Pine Shavings
- Timothy Hay (nutritious grass for small animals)
- Water Bottles – All sizes
- Bird Items – Cages, feeders, perches, millet seed
- Pocket Pet Items – Chew Sticks, Houses, Climbers, Cages
- Dog and Cat Brushes.
- Friskies canned cat food
- Cesar wet dog food
If you would like to donate to SCARF, please visit www.mississauga.ca/portal/residents/animal-services-donate. For more information about Animal Services, please visit www.mississauga.ca/animalservices.