Yard Waste Collection Is Back
Please be advised that the Region of Peel has now resumed yard waste collection. Material from your lawn, yard, or garden is collected as yard waste. These items are a sample of acceptable yard waste:
- tree trimmings, branches
- grass clippings
- brush, hedge trimmings
- hay bales
- corn stalks
- Halloween pumpkins (candle removed)
- household and garden plants (soil removed)
Please note that there are size, material and weight limitations for bags or containers used for yard waste. All bins/containers used for yard waste must be clearly labelled “Yard Waste.”
The Region provides yard waste stickers free of charge. You can pick up stickers from Service Peel, a Peel Community Recycling Centre (CRC), or call 905-791-9499 to order. A bin/container used for yard waste collection must also:
- Be rigid and reusable.
- Have rigid handles that are attached or moulded to the exterior of the bin/container.
- Be wider or larger at the top than the bottom.
- Be smaller than 60 cm (24 in) wide/95 cm (38 in) high.
- Weigh less than 20 kg (44 lbs) when full.
You can also put your yard waste out for collection in an old garbage can/container or blue/grey box. All containers — including an old blue box/grey box — must be in good condition and labelled “Yard Waste.”
Bags filled with yard waste are collected along with the item(s) inside. Emptied yard waste bags are not put back on the curb. A bag used for yard waste collection must:
- Be specifically designed for yard waste – a Kraft brown paper bag that’s durable enough to support a weight of 20 kg (44 lbs) when lifted, without tearing.
- Have enough room at the top to be securely closed when filled.
- Be smaller than 66 cm (26 in) wide/90 cm (35 in) high.
Permanent link to this article: http://www.georgecarlson.ca/yard-waste-collection-is-back/