Some Mississauga residents can get ahead of winter and start applying for the City’s Driveway Windrow Snow Clearing Program . The program provides snow clearing assistance by clearing a space in the windrow for residents 65 years or older and for people with physical disabilities. A windrow is a pile of snow left at the end of a driveway after a snow plow has cleared a road. Eligible residents have until 9 p.m. on November 8, 2019 to apply for this year’s program. The program details are as follows:
- The program will run from December 2, 2019 to March 27, 2020.
- Windrow snow clearing will be completed up to 36 hours after a snowfall has ended.
- A space in the windrow will be cleared (about three metres or 10 feet wide) to allow one car to get in and out of the driveway.
- Free for eligible residents who require financial assistance and $200 for those who don’t.
- Only one person per address can apply.
Visit mississauga.ca/windrow to download the application form. Completed applications can be submitted to any community centre , the Mississauga Seniors’ Centre or the Recreation Customer Service Centre located at the Paramount Fine Foods Centre. For more information, please visit www.mississauga.ca/windrow .